Applications for projects are accepted year round. Illinois Business Consulting projects are staffed on a rolling basis during the academic year and the summer. Project duration is defined by the scope of a client's need. Typically a project duration is 6-12 weeks and may include multiple phases. A group of projects are typically launched in September, January, and May each year, as students start the academic year. Afterwards projects will be staffed based on Client's requirements and student availability.
Our application process steps are as follows:
- Potential clients complete a project description form
- IBC staff reviews project descriptions with client
- All projects are offered to interested students
- Students apply for projects
- Projects are staffed based on student interests and skills/ capabilities
- Projects that are staffed are launched with client
- Projects not staffed are returned to clients for future consideration
Diversification in our services
Illinois Business Consulting attempts to provide a mix of projects for students to consider. This includes the types of companies we work with, including Fortune 500, middle market and not-for-profit organizations as well as the range of industries the organizations represent.
Over the years, Illinois Business Consulting has successfully taken on a wide array of consulting engagements that include:
- Benchmarking/ best practices
- Business process assessment
- Customer survey design and analysis
- Financial modeling
- Market analysis and feasibility studies
- Marketing plan development
- New product/ channel assessment
- Strategy formulation
- Technology commercialization
This list is not meant to be exhaustive. Please also review some example projects in our case studies section. Clients with genuine business needs of any sorts are invited to challenge our talent pool at Illinois Business Consulting.